I am told that an apple a day, keeps the doctor away! But I somehow never liked apples!! Recently I had some special visitors who brought a lot of apples home and I was wondering how to make the best use of it. That is when my cousin, Nitya told me about Apple Crisp. Never heard of the name too before. But now I made it and trust me its a real easy recipe and a smart way to use apples.. 🙂
Ok here you go with the recipe. This is Betty Crocker’s recipe.
Apples – 4
Flour – 1/2 cup
Oats – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup (I used brown sugar and this can be made 1 cup if you like more sweet)
Butter – 1/3rd cup
Cinnamon powder – 3/4th tsp
Nutmeg powder – 3/4th tsp
|Yummy Yummy in your Tummy..!!!|
- Slice the apples into not very small pieces
- Mix all the ingredients. The mixture is fairly a dry mixture though there is butter. Nothing to panic.
- Grease the baking tray.
- Arrange the sliced apples in the tray and sprinkle the mix over the apples.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Baking time: 30 minutes
- The apples become very soft and the mixture turns into golden yellow color.
And now the yummy part!!! Serve the apple crisp with vanilla ice-cream…I just used cherry topping! Mmmm it was delicious.