I wish tomatoes come in more colors 🙂 In general I am big fan of anything made of tomatoes and chutney tops the list! Recently I picked some green tomatoes from my mother-in-law’s garden as I love the instant chutney made with these tomatoes. So here you go!
- Green tomatoes
- Green chillies (Spice up your chutney with one extra chilly)
- Curry leaves
- Tamarind paste (Optional)
- Jaggery (Very little for taste)
- Tempering stuff
- Put some oil in the pan and add hing.
- In a while add the garlic cloves and chopped chillies, curry leaves into the oil. Then add the tomatoes.
- On a mild flame, let the tomatoes cook to become soft. Then add and turmeric and salt.
- If you using tamarind, add it at this time.
- Let it cool. As it cools, add a small piece of jaggery into it.
- Take the mixture into a blender and just whip it just once. Let it not become like a complete paste. Do not add water.
- Then tempering time with oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urud dal (black gram) and methi seeds.
Done!! It tastes soo YUMMY with Hot rice!!
P.S: This reminds me to post my mom’s red tomatoes pickle’s recipe.