Pachadi in English could be something close to a temporary pickle (as I call it). This does not require an elaborate procedure to make a pickle which could be stored for a longer time. This is easy to make and Yummy to eat. You could make Pachadi with many, today it is time for some Protein Pachadi… yes this is made of Toor dal (Lentils) which is called Kandi pappu in Telugu. I love to have some preparation every day made with dal.
- Toor dal
- Red chillies
- clove of garlic
- Tomato/ Tamarind
- For Tempering : Oil, Mustard seeds, Jeera and Hing (Asafetida)
- Soak little tamarind in water.
- Without oil, fry toor dal and red chillies. You will have to fry just till the dal is about to get dark.
- With negligible amount of oil, fry the tomatoes and garlic. This is just to take away the raw taste.
- Take the Toor dal, chilies, tomatoes, garlic into the mixer and make into a fine paste.
- Keep using tamarind water to make the paste. You may also skip to use tamarind.
- Once it is grinded into a fine paste, garnish it with the tempering of mustard seeds, jeera and Hing.