As I said, today was a mint day! I bought so much mint today, that I had to check for some other mint dish and here I found the recipe of Mint rolls from Divya’s cookbook.
- Maida – 1 1/2 cup (or) Maida – 1 cup and Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Yeast – 1/2 tbsp
- Warm water – 1/2 cup
- Mint – I did not use any measure for this
- Coriander – As much as you want for taste
- Chilly – 2
- Little jeera
- Olive oil
- Mix yest and sugar in warm water in a cup and leave it for sometime till there is foam formed in the cup.
- Mix flour, salt and the foamed yeast and knead it till it becomes a smooth dough. Use olive oil while kneading the dough.
- Leave the dough aside with a lid closed for some time. (Around 20 minutes)
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, chilly and jeera for the filling.
- Make small balls with the dough and spread it like chapathi and add the filling. Close the chapathi like a long pipe and roll into spirals.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Pre-heat the oven 180 degrees.
- Baking time : 20 minutes
Put the yeast in warm water in a cup only. I put in a bowl and failed. This is the first time I used yeast and did not like the smell. I guess this recipe should work without yeast too.