I call it a bread when I don’t use butter and bake in a loaf pan because I honestly din’t get the difference between a bread and a cake when made with the same ingredients. Recently, I have been loving to bake breads for one very simple reason that its easy to be and you don’t need a blender 🙂
I have always liked to use vegetables in my baking and I have been waiting to bake with Zucchini. This vegetable looks more like cucumber and you will find it in dark or light green and yellow colors. I used the green ones for this preparation.
- Grated Zucchini – One medium sized
- Flour – 1 1/2 cup (I prefer wheat flour for breads)
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 3/4 tsp
- Coco powder – 1/4 cup
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Sugar – 1 cup ( You may use complete brown sugar or half and half brown and white sugar)
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup (I used olive oil)
- Mix all the dry ingredients well in a bowl and whisk it.
- Add grated Zucchini and mix it well.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl. As always start with whisking the egg and blending sugar into it and beat it properly.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
Cooking time : 45- 50 minutes
Enjoy your YUM bread.. Zucchini does not contribute to the taste, but I felt it adds a very nice moist texture to the bread!
Source : JOB